This page contains information on the Exotic Weapons of Destiny 2.
Weapons with the golden Exotic rating are the rarest and most powerful weapons in Destiny 2. In the original Destiny, Exotic Weapons were purchased from Xur, Agent of the Nine, or uncovered on Exotic Quests or by defeating extremely difficult opponents.
Coldheart is an Exotic Trace Rifle, and was a pre-order bonus for Destiny 2.
It can be acquired from the Gunsmith after completing The Red War campaign missions.
- Intrinsic Perk – Mida Multi-Tool: This weapon boosts movement speed.
- Corkscrew Rifling: Balanced barrel. Slightly increases range and stability; Slightly increases handling speed.
- High Caliber Rounds: Shots from this weapon knock the target back farther; Slightly increases range.
- Mida Radar: Radar stays active while aiming down sights.
- Hand-Laid Stock: This weapon is optimized for recoil control; Increases stability.
Mida Multi-Tool is unlocked by acquiring and accomplishing several feats with the Mida Mini-Tool Legendary SMG.
The Rat King is an exotic Sidearm in Destiny 2. When fireteam members also have Rat Kings equipped, it becomes more powerful.
a It is unlocked by completing the steps of the Rat King’s Crew exotic quest.
- Intrinsic Perk – Accomplice: Kills with this weapon fill the magazine of the equipped Energy weapon from its reserves.
- Extended Barrel: Weightly barrel extension. Increases Range. Decreases handling speed.
- Extended Mag: This weapon has a greatly increased magazine size, but reloads much slower.
- Storm and Stress: Kills with Energy weapons grant bonus precision damage until next reload.
- Combat Grip: Less vertical recoil; increased stability.
Sturm is unlocked after acquiring and completing several challenges with the Drang Legendary Sidearm.
The Graviton Lance is an exotic pulse rifle that boasts bonus damage to the last round in a burst and that causes enemies killed by it to explode.
It is acquired as a quest reward during The Red War campaign, but can be infused to a higher light level.
Merciless is an exotic Fusion Rifle with a bonus that causes non-lethal hits to lessen the charge time of the next shot.
It can be decrypted from Exotic Engrams.
There were only 3 exotic weapons present during Destiny 2’s beta:
Sweet Business is an Exotic Auto Rifle, and was given to Titan players during the Homecoming mission in the Destiny 2 beta.
The Riskrunner is an Exotic Submachine Gun, and was granted to players using the Warlock class during Destiny 2’s beta.
The Sunshot is an exotic handcannon that fires explosive shots at enemies. This gun was given to hunters in the Destiny 2 Beta.